If the U.S. raises rates or the market forces the U.S. to raise rates, it is going to attract more money to the United States, rightly or wrongly.
The reason I own U.S. dollars, it is actually my largest position in currencies, and that is because there will be more turmoil coming in the world, we just talked about Greece but there is more turmoil coming down the road and in times of turmoil many people flee to what they see as a safe haven.
Rightly or wrongly, many people see the U.S. Dollar as a safe haven. It is not a safe haven it is a terribly flawed and troubled currency but since people think it is, that is where they will go.
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- ► 2016 (209)
- Dollar Index: How High Can It Go?
- The U.S. Dollar Can Turn Into A Bubble
- Oil Prices: What Is Happening Right Now
- Forex Markets: Top 3 Currencies
- Video Interview: Gold, Currencies & China
- U.S. Dollar: It May Turn Into A Bubble Down The Ro...
- The U.S. Dollar Is My Largest Position In Currenci...
- Greece Cannot Pay Its Debt
- Investing: How To Capitalize
- European QE: Stock Markets Are Going To Go Higher
- European QE: Bullish For European Stocks
- Draghi Is Shooting Himself In The Foot
- Printing Money Is Not The Way To Long Term Success...
- The Oil Market Will Bottom Soon
- Precious Metals: Platinum & Palladium
- Stocks: Everything Has A Lot Of Downside Risks
- Base Metals: Fundamentals For Copper
- Russia: My Stocks Are Making All-Time Highs
- The U.S. Dollar Needs A Consolidation
- U.S. Dollar: Time For A Correction?
- Crude Oil: I Would Suspect It Is Going To Test The...
- Emerging Markets: Positive Changes In Russia, Kaza...
- Russia: I Own Shares Of The Moscow Stock Exchange
- Korea Will Be The Most Exciting Country In The Wor...
- Gold Stocks: They Can Rally Even If Gold Goes Side...
- Gold: I Expect The Correction To Continue
- ▼ March (26)