Japan does have some serious, serious problems. It certainly has serious problems, the demographic problem is probably the worst in the world. It is the first time in their recorded history that they have a declining population and the birth rate is such that there won`t be any Japanese 100 years from now unless something happens.
You combine that with staggering internal debt, it is the highest internal debt of any country in the world and I just don`t know what is going to happen 20 years from now in Japan.
I own the currency (Japanese Yen) at the moment, I own a few Japanese shares. They do have the advantage that they are in Asia and their largest trading partner is now Asia as a whole and specifically China. So that is helping them.
Overall, I can imagine not having any money in Japan 5 or 10 years from now, unless they do something about the staggering internal debt problem and the demographic problem.
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- ► 2016 (223)
- I Will Not Have Money In Japan A Few Years From No...
- The Reasons I Own The Yen
- The Fundamentals For Commodities Are Improving
- TPP: Free Trade Is Usually Good For Everybody
- TPP: Some People Are Going To Boom, Others Are Goi...
- Video: The Secrecy Of TPP
- Japan: Investing Outlook
- Reserve Currency: The World Is Moving Away From Th...
- Money Is A Complicated Product
- Video: Money Lessons For Kids
- U.S. Dollar: I Own A Lot Of Them
- Some Day We Are All Going To Pay The Price For All...
- Video: Fund Experts Forum (Jim Rogers)
- Emerging Markets: Look At Iran, African Countries ...
- Video: Views On The Crude Oil Market
- China: Nothing Goes Straight Up
- Investing: Agriculture Is The Smart Play
- One Of The Great Growth Industries For The Next De...
- The Next Economic Crisis Will Be Terrible
- Investment Opportunity: Russian Government Bonds
- Crude Oil: Price Outlook
- Successful Investors Do Nothing Most Of The Time
- I Bought More Chinese Stocks Recently
- Buying Russian Government Bonds
- Gold: When to Buy
- Gold: Haven`t Been A Buyer For 5 Years
- Emerging Markets Part 3: Places To Look Now
- Emerging Markets Part 2: Myanmar
- Emerging Markets Part 1: North Korea
- What I Am Buying In Russia
- Video: Buying Russian Shares
- Investing: What To Do After A Few Losses?
- ▼ May (32)