The bond bull market has been going on for 35 years. It started, the bottom was on September 1981, so it has been going on for over 34 years now. And yes, it is coming to an end. You may have government bonds go higher for a while just as panic takes place. I am short junk bonds in the United States and you are right, they are going down now, some more than others obviously.
We are making a top in interest rates but that does not mean that if and when the Federal Reserve panics again that interest rates will not go down some more. But we are making the top. Not sure about sovereigns because I expect so much panic that many people will pile into them as they are piling into the U.S. Dollar. (iShares iBoxx $ High Yid Corp Bond (ETF) (HYG), SPDR Barclays Capital High Yield Bond ETF (JNK))
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- Natural Gas: Low Prices Will Eventually Lead To Mu...
- Some Parts Of The Chinese Economy Continue To Boom...
- Next Move: Shorting European Indexes
- Markets: Junk Bonds, Gold
- Emerging Markets: Gearing Up To Invest In These Pl...
- Where To Invest Next
- We Do Not Have Any Deflation, We Have Inflation.
- Gold: Not Buying Right Now
- The Crisis That We Are Going To Face
- A Cashless Society Is Not Good For You
- The Reasons I Sold The Japanese Yen
- Markets: High Beta Trades On China
- Emerging Markets: Not Investing In Brazil
- U.S. Stocks: Breath Has Been Deteriorating For 18 ...
- The U.S. Economy Is Heading For A Recession
- Forex Markets: EURUSD Will Go Below 1.0000
- London Housing Market: Is It A Bubble?
- Brexit: I Would Vote To Stay in The EU
- Markets: People Will Flee To Safe Havens
- Forex Markets: "I Am Out Of The Japanese Yen"
- Forex Markets: Who 10 Years From Now Wants To Own ...
- We Will Have A Sovereign Debt Crisis Before 2024
- The Next U.S. President
- I Cannot Imagine Buying Bonds Anywhere In The Worl...
- The Bond Bull Market: Coming To An End?
- ▼ March (25)
- ► 2015 (298)