Friday, March 16, 2018

Will Bitcoin Succeed? A Few Thoughts.

Regarding Bitcoin I repeat what I said about IBM and computers: the people who invent something don't necessarily become the ones who succeed. 

We do know that the world has a money problem. We do know that the Internet is changing everything we know. My children will probably never go to a bank when they're adults. My children will probably never go to a post office when they're adults. So the Internet is changing everything we know and it's going to change money.

If you go to China now most people don't have money. If they want to buy a cup of tea they put their phone on the spot. If they want to buy a car they put their phone on the spot. So the Internet is gonna change everything we know.

How it's going to evolve I don't know. I do know that governments do not like to lose control., governments want to control everything, the crypto people say, "yes, but we're smarter than the government" and they are. Everybody's smarter than the government but the government has more guns than everybody else so if the government wants to control money they will.

Blog Archive