Often you find in markets that marginal companies start going down first and in the end its really just a few generals that are leading the charge. Most stocks are going down but because the generals are big they hold the market up and people thing everything is OK but the Advance/Decline line is deteriorating. I have seen it many times and it has been happening in the U.S. in the last year or two. Last year only one third of the NYSE stocks were up. (Facebook (FB), Apple (AAPL), Netflix (NFLX), Amazon (AMZN))
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- ► 2017 (131)
- Currencies: Fundamentals Are More Important Than I...
- Housing Prices In London Are Going To Go Down
- The British Pound (GBP) Is Going To Go Down Wether...
- The BOJ Is The Only Buyer Of JGB`s
- Stocks: What To Buy After A Bear Market
- Gold: Not Rushing To Buy
- Markets: Looking To Buy A Russian Tourism Company
- Avoiding The Urge To Trade All The Time
- A Fundamentally Sound, Hated Market
- Stock Market: Only A Few Generals Are Holding The ...
- Investing: Russian Ruble, Short-Term Russian Gover...
- Investing: Not Very Active Right Now
- Stocks: Reasons To Invest In The Russian Stock Mar...
- Portfolio: U.S. Dollars, Chinese Shares, Agricultu...
- Markets & Economy: Worse Times Than We Had In Our ...
- An Important Top For U.S. Equities
- ▼ April (16)
- ► 2015 (298)