Exchange traded funds that trade in New York, Market Vector Russia ETF Trust (RSX), is the one that pops to mind. I actually own more shares than I do exchange traded funds but yes, it is a great way to play Russia.
One reason I invested in Russia, I have been bearish for 47 years, been negative on Putin for 15 years. But Russia has changed dramatically in the last 2 or 3 years and that is way I started investing in Russia.
Putin understands capitalism, that he can`t just take money away from people, that he can`t just put them in jail, that he has to play by the rules. And the Russians are starting to play by the rules in the financial markets.
Jim Rogers is a legendary investor that co-founded the Quantum Fund and retired at age thirty-seven. He is the author of several investing books and also a renowned financial commentator worldwide famous for his contrarian views on financial markets.
- Investing: Agriculture Stocks, Sugar
- Markets: "It is going to be worse than 2008"
- Since When Is Inflation Good For The World?
- The Federal Reserve Will Try To Come To Our Rescue...
- Investing: "I Am Not Short U.S. Treasuries"
- Markets: Long China, Long U.S. Dollars & Short U.S...
- Bankruptcies in China Will Scare A Lot Of People
- Global Markets: "I Am Worried About The World"
- Markets: Better To Watch Than To Own
- Markets: "I Am Short These Stocks"
- Some Parts Of The Chinese Economy Are Going To Do ...
- In A Serious Panic, Crude Oil May Hit 20 Dollars
- Markets: Everything Is Going To Get Smashed
- Markets: My Shorts Positions Are Bigger Than My Lo...
- Long China, Short Junk Bonds & Tech Stocks
- Markets: The Problems Are Now Hitting Us And Its G...
- Markets: It Does Not Look Good
- China Is My Largest Long Position
- Crude Oil: How To Look For A Bottom In Prices
- Global Markets: Watching, Looking For Opportunitie...
- Many Reasons For The Global Sell Off
- Why I Started Investing In Russia
- Investing: Russia, Oil Producing Countries
- Russia: Some Stocks Are Near All-Time Highs
- ▼ January (24)
- ► 2015 (298)